Katdare Karala Chutney
Katdare karala chutney is a flavorful condiment made with niger seeds (karala), roasted coconut, and a blend of spices. It is a popular chutney in Maharashtrian cuisine and can be used as a dip or a spread for snacks like vada pav, samosas, or even as a topping for dishes like dosa and idli. The chutney is known for its tangy and slightly bitter taste and has various health benefits due to the presence of niger seeds, which are rich in protein, fiber, and essential nutrients. It is also known by other names like khurasani chutney or karlyachi chutney.
Shelf Life: 4 Month
About Karala Chutney
Karala chutney is a dry chutney powder made from roasted niger seeds (also known as karale or karla) and a blend of spices. It is a popular condiment in Indian cuisine, particularly in Maharashtra and Karnataka. The chutney is known for its nutty and spicy flavor and is often used as a garnish or side dish to enhance the taste of various Indian dishes like vada pav, chaat, and dosas. It is also believed to have several health benefits, such as aiding digestion and providing essential nutrients like calcium, iron, and protein. Karala chutney is available in various brands and packaging sizes, making it easy to use and store at home.
Karala Chutney Benefits
- Niger seeds, the main ingredient in karala chutney, have several potential health benefits.
- Niger seeds are rich in protein, fiber, and various essential vitamins and minerals like iron, calcium, and magnesium.
- They are also believed to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune-boosting properties.
Why Buy Katdare Karala Chutney Online?
- Rich in nutrients: Karala or Niger seeds are rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals, which make the chutney a good source of nutrition.
- Unique flavor: Karala seeds have a unique nutty flavor that enhances the taste of the chutney.
- Versatile: Karala chutney can be used as a dip, spread, or seasoning for various dishes, adding a flavorful twist to the regular meals.
- Easy to use: Karala chutney is ready-to-use and requires no preparation or cooking, making it a convenient and time-saving option for busy schedules.
- Shelf-stable: Karala chutney has a long shelf life and can be stored for several months, making it a practical pantry item to have on hand.
FAQ’s About Karala Chutney
What is Niger chutney?
Niger chutney is a spicy condiment made from niger seeds (also known as karale seeds). It is a popular chutney in many parts of India, especially in Maharashtra.
How to eat karala chutney?
Karala chutney is typically eaten as a condiment or side dish with various snacks and meals. It can be eaten with idli, dosa, vada, rice, and more.
Is karala chutney good in pregnancy?
While there is no specific research on the effects of karala chutney on pregnancy, it is generally safe to consume in moderation as part of a healthy and balanced diet. However, it is always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before making any significant changes to your diet during pregnancy.
Where and how to use karala chutney?
Karala chutney can be used as a condiment or side dish with a variety of snacks and meals. It can be served with dosa, idli, vada, rice, or used as a dip for vegetables or chips. It can also be used as a spread on sandwiches or used to add flavor to soups and stews.
Is karale chutney is best for digestion?
Karale chutney is made from niger seeds, which are a good source of dietary fiber. Eating foods high in fiber can help promote healthy digestion and regularity. Additionally, the spices used in karale chutney, such as cumin and coriander, are also known to have digestive benefits.
Karala Chutney Ingredients
- Niger seeds (karale)
- Curry leaves
- Red chili peppers
- Iodised Salt